The Finance Director is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day finance department, reporting directly to the Managing Director and providing advice on finance and strategic matters.
The role of Finance Director is a newly created position as a result of the continued growth of the business. As such, the successful hire has the opportunity to develop the role and make a real contribution to the future of the business.
Description of responsibilities
- Finance Business Partner to the senior leadership team, reporting to the Managing Director.
- Work collaboratively with the Board to meet reporting requirements and improve the detail within the financial reports.
- Develop clear and effective reporting and analysis tools, work with non-finance teams to ensure full understanding of all information presented.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to create a feasible and solutioned 3-year plan.
- Responsible for financial modelling and provide financial insight for growth and development.
- Financial Control: Responsible for the month end financial close process including forecasting and Board reporting. Responsible for financial internal controls and stewardship.
- Financial monitoring and reporting against budgets, in-depth analysis, cash flow management, cost management.
- Business Partnering: Support Operational Heads in managing budgets and headcount planning as the business grows. Design and continual development of financial processes across the business. Supporting and developing the business team on commercial and financial matters/opportunities.
- Work closely with all commercial teams to understand and challenge financial performance and participate in strategic discussions and decision making.
- Lead and develop the finance team. Ensure data integrity, improve KPI reporting and processes.
- Completion of VAT and Corporation Tax returns. Manage the relationship with HMRC.
- Oversee all bonus payments, pension, and the payroll.
- Coordinate year end audit and statutory reporting in accordance with UK GAAP.
- Ad hoc duties and projects.
- Professionally qualified accountant, ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Post qualified experience gained in an SME environment.
- Tenacious, engaging personality to build effective working relationships both within the team, non-finance colleagues, Board members and external stakeholders.
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in the use of technology, including accounting packages and Microsoft Office.
Competitive salary on offer, profit-related bonus, stakeholder pension.
APPLY FOR THIS ROLE