This vacancy is now closed
Do you like to be relied upon? Want to be a big cog in a small wheel?
The MD of this small organisation is looking for an accountant who can look after the accounts and provide meaningful analysis.
Whether you’re an established Finance Manager or aspiring FC, what’s important is that you are a self-managing finance professional who enjoys working in a small, friendly team.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Your future employer
This small, well-established, sustainable business has a newly appointed Managing Director who is looking for a Finance Manager; responsible for the day-to-day accounting and providing insightful analysis to aid decision making.
Supported by a consulting Finance Director,
You will manage and lead the small Accounts team of two and utilise your broad accounting experience in order to provide timely, accurate management accounts and valuable analysis to the MD.
You’ll be responsible for preparing the monthly Management Accounts, analysis and commentary.
Monitoring performance against budgets, calculating forecasts.
Ensure the integrity of the general ledger, performing appropriate reconciliations.
Aid the Managing Director by providing analysis to support decision making.
Assist the external accountant with Year End processes and statutory accounts preparation.
What are we looking for in you?
* A self-starter with broad accounting experience, comfortable in overseeing junior accounting staff;
* Would suit an established AAT Qualified/QBE Finance Manager or an aspiring Financial Controller with CIMA/ACCA training, or similar;
* Previous experience of working for a small organisation, providing financial reporting for senior stakeholders;
* Naturally curious; happy working in a detailed, methodical manner;
* Working knowledge of Sage L50 is relevant and valued but not essential;
* Confident communication skills and agility to explain to and gain insight from others.
In return, you can expect;
* Friendly and supportive work environment;
* Salary c.£40,000;
* Free car parking;
* Commutable from Bristol, Chippenham, Cirencester, Newport, Stroud, Tetbury, Yate.
If you feel you are the right person for this role, we encourage you to find out more …