This vacancy is now closed
Would you like a finance role that has a positive impact on supporting and developing young people’s futures?
Do you want a role that really matters?
If you’re passionate about making a difference and are able to work flexibly and collaboratively with a like-minded team then…
we’d love to hear from you!
Your future employer
As a developing Multi Academy Trust, this is an exciting time to join the Central Finance team.
In partnership with senior colleagues, you will support and advise on financial planning and procurement for schools, adhering to the Trust’s financial strategy, initiatives, processes and procedures.
- Regularly visit and partner with the Heads of c.2 schools in/around Swindon.
- Prepare and produce monthly monitoring reports to Heads, identifying potential areas of concern and generating options for review.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of student related grant income querying any anomalies.
- Management of Finance Officers including carrying out resource planning and managing recruitment, appraisal and professional development.
- Oversee the finance task on a day-to-day basis, ensuring money is banked, invoices are
- paid promptly.
- Support School specific procurement processes, managing tenders where appropriate.
- Ensure the Fixed Asset registers are up to date.
- Prepare, review & submit VAT returns.
- Prepayments and accrual reconciliations.
- Control account reconciliations.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Accounting for payroll.
What are we looking for in you?
AAT Part Qualified or equivalent
High level of computer and numerical literacy, including packages such as Excel and Word
Attention to detail and accuracy
Knowledge of Charities SORP is relevant and valued
as is a good understanding of school accounting practices.
In return, you can expect;
Great culture; friendly, enjoyable, encouraging work environment;
Salary £33,000 – £37,000 for 37 hrs per week;
Benefits package includes exclusive discounts on a range of products and retailers from cinema tickets, food shopping and holidays.
If you feel you are the right person for this role, we encourage you to find out more …