This vacancy is now closed
Are you an experienced audit professional seeking the opportunity to join a forward-thinking, successful, multi-site plc? Do you have an independent and objective ‘consultancy’ approach to your work? Can you advise and influence senior stakeholders to develop and improve their governance and control systems?
If you’re confident you can answer these questions, we’d love to hear from you!
Offering a salary of up to £55,000, plus car allowance for the role of Internal Audit Manager, this company is a market-leading services group that works with a diverse range of clients across the UK.
With over 2,000 employees across the UK, this business continues to expand through new business wins and strategic acquisition; in short, it’s a great time to work here.
With the subsidiary companies in the Group working ever-closer to share best practice and find common-ways of working, the internal audit team is changing. The new group-wide service now takes in responsibility for both Audit and Risk Management across the business.
As an important member of an already highly-regarded team, you will lead and deliver a variety of reviews across the Group. Working closely with the Head of Internal Audit, you will also play a significant role in managing and improving the team’s methodology and approach (for Internal Audit and Risk Management) and in defining the risk based internal audit plans.
Given that the structure of the team provides you with substantial exposure to senior stakeholders within the internal management teams, external partners and suppliers, we anticipate that you will become the de-facto, second-in-line in the team; representing Audit in key meetings and projects, championing best-practice across the business and providing pastoral support and development to peers and colleagues where needed.
What are we looking for in you?
- You are an experienced internal audit or risk management lead (preferably CIA, ACA, ACCA or CMIIA accredited);
- Able to produce, analyse and interpret complex data to identify trends/issues, writing reports and recommendations for audiences up to executive board level;
- A successful track record of identifying and delivering improvements to risk management, internal controls and governance processes;
- An experienced networker, socially confident in 1-2-1 situations or at group events and be confident and articulate when presenting to an audience;
- Able to travel regularly to Group sites nationwide;
In return, you can expect:
- Full corporate induction training, a personalised development plan and ongoing support in a friendly, enjoyable, encouraging work environment;
- A competitive basic salary to match your experience and skills;
- Additional benefits package including company car or car allowance.